Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Spritz it up!

I'm sure some of you will be familiar with this aperitivo, but familiarity does not apply here. In Europe (well, Italy, Switzerland, and France by my personal observation), the spritz is ubiquitous! And I'm a little in love myself... it is a quite mature, grown up little cocktail that is not too sweet or strong, and just enough of bitter and bubbles. Everyone orders this; meaning, it does not seem to be exclusive of a particular age group or gender. Middle-aged guys are not deterred at all by the "pretty" looks of it. I have seen a table full of them with pretty red drinks watching soccer, no problem. And, really, must we attach gender to every friggin thing? Don't get me going there...

Here is the recipe:

- 2 parts Campari, Aperol, or similar bitter
- 1 part soda
- 3 parts prosecco (sparkling white wine)

And here it is, being all pretty:


Don't you want to go make yourself one?! I just did!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment